Admission to WWU on the Peninsulas

Graduating student greets a friend or family member.

Guaranteed Transfer Admission for Olympic College and Peninsula College Students

Any transfer student who completes a transferable associate degree at Peninsula College or Olympic College, and meets the eligibility requirements, is guaranteed admission to Western Washington University.

Find out if you are eligible

Applying to WWU on the Peninsulas

The academic programs offered at WWU on the Peninsulas are 2+2 programs. With a 2+2 program, you will attend a community college for two years, then transfer to WWU for the final two years of the bachelor's degree program. 

Western Washington University on the Peninsulas welcomes transfer students from all types of colleges and universities. You are a transfer student if you attempted college credit after graduating from high school or after earning your GED. 

Start Your Transfer Application
Request More Information

If you completed all of your college credits while also fulfilling high school requirements, such as through the Running Start program, you will be considered a first-year student for admissions purposes and will need to meet requirements for First-Year Student Admission, even if you earned an associate degree while in high school. Students who continue to earn college credits after high school graduation (excluding credit earned during the summer after high school graduation) are considered transfer students.

If you require a student visa to study in the United States, you should apply as an international student.

Transfer Application Checklist

A complete application includes:

  1. The application for admission submitted by the application deadline
  2. $70 non-refundable application fee (fee waiver may be available)
  3. Official transcripts from every college/university attended, even if you do not expect or desire to transfer credit (Note: students applying for summer or fall quarters must send an official transcript that includes grades from the previous fall quarter before their application can be reviewed)
  4. An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
  5. Students who have completed fewer than 40 transferable quarter (27 semester) credits are also required to submit an official high school transcript.

For more information on transfer application requirements, visit WWU's transfer admissions pages.

Transfer Application Deadlines

Summer Quarter March 1
Fall Quarter March 1
Winter Quarter September 15
Spring Quarter January 1

Preparing to Transfer

Student performing an experiment

Transfer Guides

WWU Degree ProgramOlympic College Transfer GuidePeninsula College Transfer Guide
Bachelor of Arts in Business AdministrationView the Olympic College Business Administration Transfer Guide 
Bachelor of Science in CybersecurityView the Olympic College Cybersecurity  Transfer GuideView the Peninsula College Cybersecurity Transfer Guide
Bachelor of Science in Environmental ScienceView the Olympic College Environmental Science Transfer GuideView the Peninsula College Environmental Science Transfer Guide
Bachelor of Arts in Environmental StudiesView the Olympic College Environmental Studies Transfer GuideView the Peninsula College Environmental Studies Transfer Guide
Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary StudiesView the Olympic College Multidisciplinary Studies Transfer GuideView the Peninsula College Multidisciplinary Studies Transfer Guide
Bachelor of Arts in Natural Resource ManagementView the Olympic College Natural Resource Management Transfer GuideView the Peninsula College Natural Resource Management Transfer Guide

For more information about transferring to WWU programs not listed above, submit a request for more information and a transfer advisor will email you.

Military Credit

Veterans may receive up to 30 credits for military service as recommended by the American Council of Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services and in accordance with University and State policies regarding transfer credits. Students may request evaluation of military credit by submitting the Joint Service Transcript (JST) to the Registrar's Office. The JST replaces the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, Army ACE Registry Transcript (AARTS), and the Sailor/Marine ACE Registry Transcript (SMART). Air Force personnel may submit the Community College of the Air Force transcript.

Exterior of Olympic College, an orange modern building set against a blue sky.

Connect One-on-One with a Transfer Advisor

For questions related to transferring to Western on the Peninsulas, contact our Transfer Team!

Schedule a 30-minute appointment with a Transfer Advisor.

Make an Appointment